Be part of the excitement!
What to expect during your stay at LUMA
Our goal is to ensure that your post-Covid stay in New York City and at LUMA is as wonderful as possible.
All of LUMA Hotel's usual services will be available. We will have European style continental breakfast available daily, as well as light bites and cocktails available Tuesday through Saturday in our Lobby Bar.
New York City is now open 100%, with businesses and attractions able to return to usual operating conditions.
Additionally, NYC eliminated the 5.875% hotel occupancy tax rate through August, 2021 (other City & State taxes still apply)!
LUMA's Guest Safety
Covid-19 Health & Safety Standards
Although LUMA always took thorough cleaning and disinfecting very seriously, and ensured that our staff were trained to the highest standards, prioritizing the health and safety of our guests and team has taken on a new meaning due to Covid-19. We have closely reviewed all the CDC guidelines and have implemented all the AHLA (American Hotel & Lodging Associations) recommendations.
Below is a list of our current standards:
- Cleaning and disinfecting of all public spaces including restaurant lounge, bar, public restrooms and lobby with CDC approved products from Proctor and Gamble on a frequent schedule.
- High touch points such as elevator buttons, all public space door handles, front doors and railings in stairs to be disinfected on a constant basis during the day.
- All housekeeping staff to continue wearing masks and gloves at all times. New gloves to be put on when entering a guest room and only entering upon the request of a guest.
- Rigorous refresher and ongoing training on all disinfectant products used.
- All guest room HVAC units are individualized. Fresh air into room is constant and windows can be opened on request.
- All Hotel and Restaurant units have Merv 13 filters recommended by NY State to help protect against the spread of COVID 19.
- All laundering facilities for hotel sheets and towels use chemicals approved by CDC and are cleaned at the appropriate temperatures. All employees wear masks and gloves and all bins used to transport linens are sanitized before every use.
Additional processes put into place to ensure the guest and LUMA's talent safety:
- Safety kit to be provided to every guest checking in which includes hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes and/or disposable mask.
- Mouth and nose covering required for all staff and all guests entering building and while in public spaces of building.
- Physical distancing signage through out hotel
- Dedicated entrances for entering and exiting of hotel
- Plexiglas partitions at front desk pods
- Contactless check in available for all guests including mobile key
- Hand sanitizing stations located at entrances and public spaces
- Limit of four people or one family if over four per elevator and appropriate elevator etiquette signage posted
- Sanitizing wipes available at elevator banks in lobby
- Guest rooms serviced upon request and only when guest is out of the room. We will only service the room if you indicate that you want us to and recommend advising what time you want your room serviced to avoid any inconveniences.
- Disposable wrapped cups for cold and hot beverages placed in all guest rooms and removal of glass.
- Remote controls sanitized and placed in disposable bag for ease of wiping down.
- NY State and NYC required safety plan with tracing requirements available on site for handling any sick employees and guests
- Additional training for all employees returning to work on new processes enforced.
If you need to adjust reservations made on www.lumahotels.com or via our call center, please contact the hotel directly at 212-730-0099 or [email protected] If you need to adjust reservations made through another travel site, please contact them for assistance.