Visit These Local NYC Attractions
Be A New Yorker
It would be easy to spend all of your time in New York exploring the renowned attractions and landmarks immediately surrounding our Midtown hotel, but the city is full of marvels old and new, large and small. Take a cue from locals during your stay at LUMA and explore some of the city's best restaurants, bars and attractions throughout the five boroughs. Get started by checking out some of OUR favorite picks below, and be sure to ask our staff for tips on the best way to get to and from each destination.
Favorite Local NYC Attractions:
- Savor a cocktail at Employee's Only, repeatedly selected as one of the WORLD'S Top Bars
- Every weekend from April-November, Smorgasburg showcases 100+ local and regional food vendors to upwards of 10,000 visitors daily, making it one of the most popular tourist destinations in Brooklyn.
- Thrill your tastebuds with exotic dining at Mission Chinese, serving fiery, innovative takes on Sichuan cuisine.
- Whitney Museum of American Art houses one of the world's foremost collections of modern and contemporary American art
- Like no other museum you've been to, the Tenement Museum is located in a 5-story brick tenement building, that was home to ~7,000 people, from over 20 nations, from 1863-1935
- Grab a pint (or 2!) at McSorley's Old Ale House, the oldest Irish Pub in the city
- Film and TV buffs will deeply appreciation the Museum of the Moving Image
- The High Line is totally unique to NYC - a 1.5 mile long public park built on a historic freight rail line elevated above the streets on Manhattan's West Side!
- Head North into the Bronx to frolic in 28 specialty gardens, including a conservatory, a children's adventure garden, and a 40-acre old-growth forest at the New York Botanical Garden